Sprog

Default Plunge v Fixed Base Router

That is exactly what the electronics are supposed to do, as more load is put
onto the bit more power is supplied to the router.

Mark Dailey wrote:

Even the guy on that website it bogged
down the motor momentarily. Even though the motor 'wound' back up that
doesn't sound good to me - you don't think that's a problem?

Pat Barber wrote:

Read this article before you decide:

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/nprod-11.htm

Jay Windley wrote:

"Mark Dailey" wrote in message

| Router: Porter-Cable
| Belt Sander: Porter-Cable
| Drill: DeWalt or Milwaulkee
| Recriprocating Saw: Milwaukee
| Circular Saw: Skil
| Band Saw: Delta

Wow, I got more hits than misses. I'm in the market for a router and my
uncle (pro woodworker) recommended the Porter-Cable with the dual
fixed/plunge bases.

Belt Sander: Skil -- piece of crap
Drill: DeWalt -- love it, but I bought the really nice one
Recip. Saw: Milwaukee -- love it; i can saw through a Buick with it
Circular Saw: Skil -- the first power tool I ever bought
Band Saw: Craftsman -- not very good, but works well enough for most
of my
projects

--Jay