Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Block splitter is finished

On Dec 6, 5:41*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I think it looks mighty fine for something cobbled together in a day. *It
works great. *What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Well, as a first attempt, I am suitably impressed that you could build
all of that with an internal combustion engine, replete with decals,
in a day. I would have figured with all of the casting and machining
the engine alone would have taken at least ten hours. Did you crack
your own oil for the gasoline or are you planning on using store
bought? The reason I'm asking is that the octane of store bought
gasoline is a bit low for your purposes. You may want to look at
rocket fuel, and preferably solid propellant. Here's a hint: if you
can see the piston move, it's moving too slow. If you see the piston
move, then don't see/hear/feel anything ever again, you are probably
dead or in a coma, so you were probably standing too close. Wear a
cup. DAMHIKT.