Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Radial arm saw versus 12" compund sliding miter saw question.

"Charlie Groh" wrote in message
I use that function regularly, as I will take a 1x or 3/4 ply long
ripper and use it like a table (I have my SCMS set up in a holder with
a wood/laminate support on either side, so I can securely attach a
temporary "table" if I need to) and, naturally, don't want to cut
through it. I've also done a quick dado or two or three...nothing
really precise, gate stuff and such...

cg

Now that I have a cabinet saw I get great cross cut results and my CMS
seldom sees any action any more. If I were to upgrade to a slider I make
certain that it was one with a depth of cut stop.