Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Emerson Electric

"Ignoramus10187" wrote in message
On 2009-12-08, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:58:49 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

news:bLednWrNEsW0FoDWnZ2dnUVZ_sadnZ2d@giganews. com...
On 2009-12-07, Ed Huntress wrote:
Perhaps you missed the part of gummer's post where he demonstrated
yet
again that he should have paid more attention in grade school. He
said
he's been paying taxes for 45 years, which would make him 11 when he
started.

There is two possibilities of his statement being true:

First off, that wasn't me you quoted. I don't call him gummer.

1) He may be referring to sales taxes

Well, there was that soda he bought to drink when he was 10 and
marching with MLK.

In 1963, Michigan's sales tax was raised to 6%. So maybe if was spending,
oh, say $90,000/year. That would be $5,400. Then the tax would go to pay
for
all of the things in Michigan's budget that are paid for by sales tax.
Hmmm....maybe if he spent $900,000/year.

That's one hell of an allowance, or a really big paper route.

2) Maybe during childhood, he had some investments in his name and had
to pay taxes on capital gains and income.

Iggy, Iggy...please. d8-)

2 seems highly unlikely and 1 is questionable as to whether it
qualifies as taxes.

g No, I didn't miss it. I just don't waste time getting involved with
his...ah, stories anymore. If you wanted a good whopper, you may have
noticed in the past week how he had to drop his insurance in October
2008,
which means, if you followed closely and believed his many other
statements
on the subject, he had medical insurance for no more than 11 months of
the
past 8 years and now is rueing his ill fortune at having had a heart
attack
just three months after his insurance terminated. Have you heard the
one
about the gang-bangers at the desert pistol range? That one was far
more
imaginative. d8-)

I have not heard that one.

It was a beauty. Maybe it's still on Google Groups.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...344ad937ebb286

I think there is some bad math there.

``While only 1 out of 20 Citizens might be able to shoot well, that
means about 60 million Citizens would be shooting back, accurately and
rapidly at those they consider Bad Guy, Gangsters and so forth.''

Assuming we have 300 million Citizens (including women, children,
those that Gunner would consider to be bad Guy), etc, 1/20 of that is
15 million, not 60 million.

Doing the math on Gunner's posts, other than for handloading or weighing
scrap iron, will give you a headache. It's best not to go there in the first
place. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress