Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Emerson Electric

On Dec 7, 7:25*am, " wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:39*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Dec 5, 1:35*pm, Eregon wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:a5cc7a67-5ce7-
:

Ever hear of going without?

And other AMERICAN companies who DO hire Americans do make comparable
products.

Ever hear of REALITY?

The Average American Consumer couldn't care less where a product is made
so long as it doesn't cost him very much.

This is proven by the failure of the many "Buy American" campaigns that,
with few exceptions, have failed miserably.

The FACT is that large US manufacturers are laying off American workers
in favor of paying a tenth of the over-bloated Union wages to workers who
happen to live where the taxes are cheap.

You can thank the Unions for the destruction of America.

Better pay attention.

Americans DO CARE where a product is made.

Otherwise why do companies go to incredible lengths to hide where
their products come from?

And why are companies fighting the labeling of food origin?

Give Americans the information they need and they will vote with their
dollars.

TMT

Most Americans are not as prejudiced against other countries as you
are. *Many believe that buying products from third world countries
helps those countries to develop economies that pay a decent wage.

TMT apparently wants Americans to only buy products made in America.
Does this describe TMT?

"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her
own opinions and prejudices.

The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy,
irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion.

The origin of the word bigot and bigoterie in English dates back to at
least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of
"religious hypocrite". Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or
world views."

I have no problem buying products from different countries.

I want to know where it was made so I can choose.

Don't you?

Or would you rather be a sheeple led around by your master?

TMT