Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default military brass

On Dec 6, 2:11*am, "Snag" wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 5, 8:33 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid"
and I just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as
silk once we learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on
military brass. Just put a counter sink in the lathe and run it at
about 500. Touch the brass to it for a second and its perfect. I got
to grabbing another brass with one hand and transferring it to the
other to chamfer really fast.

Thanks again for all the help getting us in the reloading bidness.

Karl

Are these Berdan or boxer primed?
Karl

* Boxer . Berdan cases are too much of a PITA to decap , and I've yet to
find a source for the primers . Wish it were easier , I've got lots of
Berdan primed cases ... and I really hate to toss them after only one use