Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:59:33 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote:

Global Warming is a myth.

Just curious, what makes you say that?

Let's put it this way: Anthropogenic Global Warming(kumbaya), as
warned about by the alarmists, is a myth. Most of us realize that the
Earth is coming out of an ice age and has been slowly warming, but not
at anywhere _near_ the rate the alarmists spew.

Lew, see if your local library has a copy of Peter Huber's _Hard
Green_. It will likely give you a fresh perspective on what we humans
deem important and how the "Green" movement is affecting us, both
positively and negatively. It's an important book and I hope you do
read it.

I've been on the environmental bandwagon for nearly 40 years, but I no
longer call myself an environmentalist because of what the movement
hath wrought. I think ecoterrorists may outnumber the greenies now.
sigh

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label