Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Rich wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

in 124730 20091206 112452 "LDosser" wrote:
"Bob Martin" wrote in message
m...
in 124721 20091206 055500 "LDosser" wrote:
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in
message
news:051220091913388196%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

Leon wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

It's the American Way. That is not a slight against 'The Way',
but think about it. IF Global Warming is a problem, wouldn't
you be glad to spend a few billion to fix/solve that problem?

Global Warming is a myth. Ultimately the government is going
to tax
me to once again try to repair something that is not broken.

If it _is_ a problem, "a few billion" isn't going to fix it
anyway. The
US
share alone would be at a minimum about thirty trillion dollars
if I remember the numbers I worked out a while back correctly,
(and likely much
more). Then there are the wars to pull the plug on all the
third world
emitters that refuse to clean up. And some of those third world
emitters
are nuclear-armed.

There's all sort of spin being put on the leaked data from the
CRU. My reading is:

-- The scientists involved do not have confidence in the data,
and resorted to software manipulation to make the data fit
predictions.

-- The scientists involved deliberately stonewalled publication
of dissenting scientific opinions, to the point of having
editors of science journals removed.

-- At least one of the software engineers tasked with updating
the software used for modelling climate had no faith in the
integrity of the data he was using in the models.

Which does not really matter, as the 'constants' in the model get
tweeked to
ensure the outcome matches the expectations.

-- "The dog ate my data." so nobody can go back and re-run the
models in any event.

This is all irrelevant to whether or not the climate is changing
(hint, it is).

Then, now, and ever shall be, change without end. And all
creatures great and small contribute. Cattle more than most.

I lurk in a lot of newsgroups but I've never seen so much downright
ignorance
re global warming as there is in this one.
Hint - it is NOTHING to do with the weather in your neck of the
woods. Have at it!

Clue: I did academic climate research for three years in the late
1970s. I suspect I know more than most.

My post wasn't particularly addressed to you, I replied to the
latest post in the thread, so I'm sorry if I misrepresented you.

However, to those maintaining that global warming is a myth, please
read
http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-re...4-wg1-faqs.pdf
and come back with your informed rebuttals.
"It's all lies" and "it's a scam" is just not good enough.
BTW : almost everything that's been said about the CRU in the media
is wrong. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8397265.stm

The whole global warming scare is BS. It's climate change if anything
due to weather cycles. And just what would the world community do if
the earth decided it was time for an Ice Age? Nothing! What would
these so called expert scientist paid by political activist suggest
we do then? Nothing.

With all due respect to L Dosser, an xbox outperforms the fastest computer
in the world in the late '70s, and the kinds of models on which the
politicoclimatologists are basing their claims simply could not be run then.
The question is whether their models are showing something real or showing
garbage-in/garbage-out.