Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default military brass

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:38:31 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 01:31:26 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 5, 8:33 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid" and
just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as silk once we
learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on military brass. Just
put a
counter sink in the lathe and run it at about 500. Touch the brass to
it for
a second and its perfect. I got to grabbing another brass with one
hand and
transferring it to the other to chamfer really fast.

Thanks again for all the help getting us in the reloading bidness.

Karl
Are these Berdan or boxer primed?
Karl

One assumes boxer. Berdan is rather rare in the US and is a pain in the
ass to reload for.

Gunner

I have a ton of Berdan primed ammo on hand for the 8mm Mauser. Surplus
ammo. Loaded REAL hot though. Not bad stuff as long as you don't try it
in some lightweight rifles.

--
Steve W.

Save the empties, it's not hard to convert them to Boxer.

Blink blink....what method is used?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.