Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default military brass

wrote:
On Dec 5, 8:33 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid"
and I just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as
silk once we learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on
military brass. Just put a counter sink in the lathe and run it at
about 500. Touch the brass to it for a second and its perfect. I got
to grabbing another brass with one hand and transferring it to the
other to chamfer really fast.

Thanks again for all the help getting us in the reloading bidness.

Karl

Are these Berdan or boxer primed?
Karl

Boxer . Berdan cases are too much of a PITA to decap , and I've yet to
find a source for the primers . Wish it were easier , I've got lots of
Berdan primed cases ... and I really hate to toss them after only one use .
Some of my brass is on it's 4th or 5th reload . Just gotta watch the
length , and anneal the necks occasionally . I neck size ... by not runnin'
them all the way into the resizer/decapper die . I stop about .070-.080"
from full depth , and it's worked for me for many years . Also saves the
cost of another die .
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"