Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default military brass

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 22:53:30 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:42:16 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

What have you learned about headspacing?

I guess I haven't learned any more. I'm just resizing the neck down to the
shoulder and it works fine in my gun. I've reloaded a few bullets three
times and they still work fine. I'll just worry about it when I have a
problem, i guess.

Karl

You did good. Just be sure to try them in another rifle if you decide to
give some to somone else or get a second rifle of the same cartridge
type.

Next we will teach you about neck sizing dies.....G

Gunner

Is it the same with all shouldered rimmless cartridges? In .308 there is
this imaginary circle in the shoulder. Rimmed or belted cartridges have a
different reference point. When you start looking at pressure wave
deflection and focus, my eyes start to glaze over. Sometimes I'm amazed
that any of this **** works at all. The more I know, the less I know...the
variables start to really pile up. On the other hand, it all DOES work to a
greater or lesser extent, it's chasing the tiny details that ballistic
experts have been dealing with for years that I find interesting yet mind
boggling.

Yes..it really does work for nearly all shouldered cartridges, rimmed
and rimless. Including the belted magnums.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost