Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

in 124721 20091206 055500 "LDosser" wrote:
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:051220091913388196%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalders tone.ca...
In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

Leon wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

It's the American Way. That is not a slight against 'The Way', but
think about it. IF Global Warming is a problem, wouldn't you be glad
to spend a few billion to fix/solve that problem?

Global Warming is a myth. Ultimately the government is going to tax
me to once again try to repair something that is not broken.

If it _is_ a problem, "a few billion" isn't going to fix it anyway. The
US
share alone would be at a minimum about thirty trillion dollars if I
remember the numbers I worked out a while back correctly, (and likely
much
more). Then there are the wars to pull the plug on all the third world
emitters that refuse to clean up. And some of those third world emitters
are nuclear-armed.

There's all sort of spin being put on the leaked data from the CRU. My
reading is:

-- The scientists involved do not have confidence in the data, and
resorted to software manipulation to make the data fit predictions.

-- The scientists involved deliberately stonewalled publication of
dissenting scientific opinions, to the point of having editors of
science journals removed.

-- At least one of the software engineers tasked with updating the
software used for modelling climate had no faith in the integrity of
the data he was using in the models.

Which does not really matter, as the 'constants' in the model get tweeked to
ensure the outcome matches the expectations.

-- "The dog ate my data." so nobody can go back and re-run the models
in any event.

This is all irrelevant to whether or not the climate is changing (hint,
it is).

Then, now, and ever shall be, change without end. And all creatures great
and small contribute. Cattle more than most.

I lurk in a lot of newsgroups but I've never seen so much downright ignorance
re global warming as there is in this one.
Hint - it is NOTHING to do with the weather in your neck of the woods.
Have at it!