Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default military brass

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid" and I
just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as silk once we
learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on military brass. Just put a
counter sink in the lathe and run it at about 500. Touch the brass to it for
a second and its perfect. I got to grabbing another brass with one hand and
transferring it to the other to chamfer really fast.

I use a swaging die to fix the pocket but there are other ways.

Reloading is a pretty pleasant way to spend an evening. There seems to be an ingrained
desire to produce something in my kind of people. The rest tend to be useless eaters.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller