Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Suggestion for cordless tool makers

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:09:47 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Why not offer a CORDED battery replacement?

If the battery poops out, you could continue to use the tool with a cord -
much like you can with a cell phone.

The working parts business of battery charger that comes with the tool is
smaller than the battery itself, and could easily be fitted in a case the
size of the battery.

In the alternative, why doesn't some clever entrepreneur concoct the device
to sell as an after-market product? Certainly non-OEM battery replacements
are available; why not power-cord replacements for the battery?

Heck, I've got some old batteries lying about, I might just try building a
small DC power supply to fit in the scooped-out innards of one.

Just thinking out loud.

It's an interesting idea. However, it would be one more thing to cart
around, or have around. So why not just cart or have around a similar
sized plug in drill?

Speaking of plug in drills, after using a battery drill for a long
time I went back to using a plug in 3/8" drill and WOW, does a plug in
drill have a LOT more power. I'd forgotten just how comparatively
weak the battery powered ones are.