Posted to rec.woodworking

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

On Dec 5, 8:14 am, "Leon" wrote:

I recall seeing snow in south and south east Texas 5 times in 55 years. It
had snowed significantly 3 times in the last 5 years.

I think that's about right. The last big snow we had (for us...) was
in '85 or so, and it snowed something like 12". With no snow tires,
no snow equipment for the roads, no snow "stuff" at all, it was a wild
time. I made a lot of money repairing those metal carports that are
favored at apartment complexes as they simply collapsed under the
weight of the snow.

I remember drinking a lot of coffee and watching the delighted
kids make snowmen, throw snowballs, and make snow angels.

I remember how ugly it was when all that thawed out, too.

We can take 6" of water a day without much of a hitch. A string of
105F days is OK, too.

I was so damn thankful that snow missed us. They thought it would
dust us a bit, but unless you were in the extreme north part of the
city you didn't get anything.

However, I am expecting some fun pictures of my nephew playing in snow
in sunny Houston soon. I am SURE he is enjoying the above mentioned
activities to their fullest extent!

Helluva weather year, eh Leon?

We had 61 days over 100 degrees this summer, and another 17 at 100.
Now just 2 1/2 months later, it's snowing! Cheer up though. I think
next week it will be back in the 70s.

Wish I had a pic of you and your trusty Daffy Duck hair dryer at

Robert