Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

On another group I predicted:
---
* School closings.
* Freeway closings.
* Runs on canned goods, candles, batteries, and strawberry pop-tarts.
* Widespread panic as residents try to flee by going south only to discover
the Gulf of Mexico. They will weep uncontrollably.
* Overflowing emergency rooms and church pews.
* Flight cancellations (there are NO snow plows at Houston airports).
* Confusion on the part of feral cats.
* A drop-off in crime as goblins conclude they're having a bad trip.
* A five or six-fold increase in auto collisions.
* Reporters will contribute to the mass unrest ("This just in: The Kroger
store on Left Elbow Ave. is OUT OF BOTTLED WATER. Residents advised to run
for their lives!").
* Children, bundled up in every bit of clothing they own, will scrape snow
from car hoods and construct six-inch high snowmen. They will call it good.
* There will be NO keg parties as there were during hurricane Yikes. Some
will swear off booze entirely (these heart-felt oaths have usually been
proven to be temporary).

You left out the frozen, dead, ugly palm trees.

I went throught the Big Freeze of 1982 (1983?) in Houston. There's
NOTHING more ugly than a dead palm tree.

-Zz