Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Emerson Electric

"Ignoramus12571" wrote in message
On 2009-12-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:56:21 -0600, Ignoramus26134

On 2009-12-05, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus26134 wrote:

Emerson products usually are not immediately visible to a buyer of any
product. I would not expect anyone to stop buying goods with Emerson
products just because its CEO threw a hissy fit at some conference.

IIRC, Emerson made the Rigid brand of power tools for Homedespot and
other box stores.
They also make a lot of motors.

I believe that Ridgid is Ridge tool in Pennsylvania.

When your competition is moving to China and our current government
thinks business is still the cash cow to milk, I'd have similar
views.

I really hate corporate taxes, those get paid by the consumers but
we the consumers don't see how those taxes empty our pockets.

This is a distinction between the Dems and the Republicans. Dems
like taxing corporations so consumers don't see how it affects them.
Republicans don't like taxing corporations since that is where jobs
exist.

Eventually we have to pay for everything but I truly believe, the
Republicans want the guy or gal working for a living to see what
government is costing him. The Dems, the party of government,
doesn't want you to see how the parasitic constituency empties your
pocket.
1
I think that we should separate the "what" from "why".

Republicans like corporations and "the wealthy" to pay less income
taxes.

I think that you are right by saying so.

The next question is why exactly they do so. Maybe it is because they
like downtrodden people? Or maybe it is accidental? Or, perhaps, maybe
it is because Republicans get donations from those welthy people?

In any case, as you pointed out, eventually we have to pay for
everything.

The big question I ask you Comrade,,,,is the Government supposed to
provide that magic "everything" you keep talking about?

No, but we will pay eventually for all government expenses, even if
funded by government debt. It is better to start paying earlier, than
later.

I have always been supportive of taxes that reflect the level of
government spending. Unlike you, for example, I pay considerable
amount of taxes, so this support is not because I want others to pay
for something.

I don't mind paying taxes, I mind paying for "Murtha Airport", "Bridges to
Nowhere" and other absolute CRAP that the government spends my money on and
the people that they let steal it.