Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default military brass

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid" and I
just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as silk once we
learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on military brass. Just put a
counter sink in the lathe and run it at about 500. Touch the brass to it
for a second and its perfect. I got to grabbing another brass with one
hand and transferring it to the other to chamfer really fast.

Thanks again for all the help getting us in the reloading bidness.

Karl

Satisfying, isn't it! The best part of my favorite revolver is NOT policing
brass. I'll bet the .308 throws 'em a mile in all directions. I found these
nice grabbers for old people at the drug store to pick up brass...I qualify,
don't I? They didn't ask for my AARP card. I'm trying to think of a way to
color my auto-loader brass so I can retrieve them at the local range easily.

What have you learned about headspacing?