Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Suggestion for cordless tool makers

On Dec 4, 5:21*pm, Tony wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Why not use one of those old fashioned drills, you know, the ones you
plug into the electrical outlet in the wall?- Hide quoted text -

-

Because we have three (all free) that have nothing wrong except dud
batteries and/or dud chargers.And like most good technicians and
conservationists one hates throwing anything that still works away!
My AC work horses are a 1953, 230 volt, slow speed Wolf. One el cheapo
115v Black and Decker etc. bought on sale when K mart closed down
here! And one used el cheapo, reversible? IIRC, bought at a flea
market. A long extension equipped with a GFI provides safety.
Also occasionally on the sail boat or in the camper, unless one has
an inverter (and a fairly heavy one at that) only 12 volts is
available.
Oh and btw one of those hand-drills where you turn the handle.