Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Quick test to verify I can still post to rec.ww

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Real men use Linux on PC's. Unfortunately, I got to exercise that
manhood this week. What started out as a problem not having working
DNS turned into a full system re-build. Have most apps back now, I
think I'm only missing Blender and VariCAD.

Went through that exercise today. I downloaded a DNS benchmark analyzer and
found that my ISP's DNS resolver was 54th on the list in speed. I changed my
DNS server list to the two fastest on the list and things seem to be a bit
peppier - especially those pages that try to load 108 varying
advertisements.

The tester I used is he
http://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

I agree with you about Linux. To my mind, Linux users are like the Celtic
warriors hired by the medieval English kings: Fierce as hell, loyal to a
fault, single-minded in their goals.

You just wouldn't want them to actually, you know, RUN things.