Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Engineer's square

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 01:00:36 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

None of my bits are tapered.

"None is." said the English teacher. "none = not one"

Really, Larry? You're that guy.
Ok, then..... :-)

My usage was correct. Google it. Here's a hint...

If the noun can be counted, you can use either "is" or "are."
In my useage, bits can be counted.

Nope. That one isn't up for question. I had it beat into my head in
school long ago. But if you Googled it, remember that not quite
_everything_ online is true.

This is a woodworking group. Not a NASA machinists' group.
I don't have nano settings on any tool I use.

How does that go: Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut
with an axe.

There should be a question mark at the end of that sentence.
Since you used a colon to extend it, the entire sentence is a question.

Correct. I should have put "How does that go?" Even though I cringe
every time, I see so many questions ended with periods online that I'm
starting to mimic it. Egad!

I plonked Ed about 8 years ago after all I saw were were ads for his
expensive indicator-on-a-stick thingie. shrug

"were were?" Ok, I'll give you that one as a typo or a cut-n-paste
error.

Zone error, I guess.

See what you get for sticking up for me? :-p

Yeah, ya larnt me agin that 'un.

P.S: Why are you so defensive, Mikey? chortle

--
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label