Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26134 Ignoramus26134 is offline

Default Gunners Home shop

On 2009-12-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:57:08 -0600, Ignoramus26134
wrote:
What actually happened, buill**** aside?
What is the "thing" referred to above?
As I recall..it was nothing more nor less than a drill press table. One
of the old solid cast iron heavy tables used to mount 3-4 drill presses
on.

Did that drill press table have replaceable brushes and a traction motor?

No...hum...I think that was a Big Joe walking forklift I sold him. I
let him inspect it fully, discussed everything that was wrong with
it and left it with him for a period of time before he payed me . As
I recall. Its a bit foggy. As I recall..the drive gear box was on
the fritz or something, but he stated that he didnt mind pushing it
around like a self lifting hand truck and had taken out a drive gear
so it pushed around easily.

So, it would seem that the facts are 1) You sold him a Big Joe
forklift 2) You set out to repair it 3) For any reason you left the
grinder at his place

And the disagreements are

1) He claims that you did not succeed to repair it
2) The two of you disagree as to whether it was properly described
during the sale
3) You want him to ship your grinder to you and he refuses to ship it,
but allows you to pick up.

Is that a correct summary?

At any time up to the point he offered up money and I accepted it, he
could have simply said..sorry..too rough for me or no thanks. Granted I
needed money, but there was no force on him to purchase it.

I actually like the man. Shrug. If I didnt, Id never have gotten him the
drill press table, brought it to him, (Unloaded with the Big Joe as I
recall) never have loaned him $250 worth of milwaukee tools and brought
it to him, out of my own pocket. His place isnt easy to find, nor is
it anywhere close to my service range. Shrug. Probably 60-80 miles
out of the way.

I think he also got a nice granite surface plate from me as
well...though thats fuzzy as hell too.

Id just like to have my grinder back if he is done with it.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton