Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building Regs for new (or replacement) boiler?

In article ,
"Hawi:" writes:
On 3 Dec 2009 22:58:56 GMT, YAPH wrote:

snip

Notification isn't automatic to us (Gas Safe Registered installers)
- we have to do it as an explicit bit of work (via interweb or phone) but
we are nevertheless supposed to do so.

Just out of interest, do you know when changes to heating had be
notified for BR? My friend said that his work was done 4 years ago.

April 2002 under Part L, which is why I started my heating install
in February 2002. (Although my heating installation conforms with
current regs, I wasn't going to pay someone else to check it.
If it was a free service, I'd be more than happy to use it.)

In practice, the scheme wasn't working until some time well after
this date anyway in many areas (certainly not in Bedfordshire).

--
Andrew Gabriel