Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hawi: Hawi: is offline

Default Building Regs for new (or replacement) boiler?

On 3 Dec 2009 22:58:56 GMT, YAPH wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 06:04:51 -0800, RobertL wrote:

When mine was replaced recently the installer said the notification
was automatic and would eventually reach my BC file. AIUI the
installer to be gas-safe registered to do it (cue people to explain
why this is not so) and that same registration give syou access to the
database where they notify the change.

Notification isn't automatic to us (Gas Safe Registered installers)
- we have to do it as an explicit bit of work (via interweb or phone) but
we are nevertheless supposed to do so.

Ahhh. Thanks for that. I'd better make absolutely sure that my guy
follows the process then!

Much appreciated.