Mark Dailey

Default Plunge v Fixed Base Router

I don't know - I'm stubborn. In one of the other posts someone
suggested a Triton. It looks great. I bet the Hitachi is great, but
what about durability/longevity? I know Porter-Cable has been around
for decades. I've got it in my head that certain tools should be of a
certain brand i.e.:

Router: Porter-Cable
Belt Sander: Porter-Cable
Drill: DeWalt or Milwaulkee
Recriprocating Saw: Milwaukee
Circular Saw: Skil
Band Saw: Delta

I don't know where I got these ideas; either from watching home
improvement shows for years or watching what building engineers and
contractors in office buildings use or a dream, but these are just
burned in my head as the brands for those tools.

Brian in Vancouver, BC wrote:
Mark;
Have you considered the Hitachi M12V, which also is a 3-1/4 hp unit? Cost
appears to be about 60% of the PC. I definitely wouldn't exchange mine for
that PC even without considering the price difference.

Brian