Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

It happens that Jules formulated :
Would it still work today? I mean, I like stuff like that - but lots of
folk these days seem to expect everything to be instant, and any little
thing that takes up their time actually has a negative effect. I'm not
sure they'd comprehend that going home to find they had a dud bulb would
be far worse than the extra couple of seconds it would take to check it in
the shop...

No - in those days they were packed in an open ended corrugated pack,
with the contacts exposed. The modern box would mean your opening it to
test it and re-packing it. Besides which they are so very cheap in
comparison these days and so rare to find a dud. Who cares if one in a
pack of ten happens to be a dud?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)