Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:32:08 +0000, tim.... wrote:
I am genuinely surprised that people are buying new electronic devices with
remotes that use them as all 4 of the new audio-visual devices (different
brands) that I have bought in the last 2 years take AAAs (without me taking
any interest in this), whereas previously they all took AAs.

Thinking about remotes, there's just so many buttons on both my TV and DVD
remote (90% of which I never use) that I don't think they could have made
them physically smaller anyway - so there's no incentive to go to AAAs
just on size grounds.

In terms of availability, I still think far more stuff uses AAs than uses
AAAs, so there's not really any incentive for the manufacturers to change
on those grounds, either.

(I think the remotes for my amp and CD player that I have in storage back
in Blighty might be AAAs, though - doubtless done because then those
remotes *could* be smaller. Difficult for me to just do the 8000mi
round-trip to check, though

cheers

Jules