Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default dark halls at work

On Dec 2, 7:32*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
*http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95573
Looks like the combination solar charger, and pull string
fluorescent would be useful.

It would be more useful if the batteries were in the lamp instead of
the solar panel. I moved them into a Radio Shack 4xAA holder slid into
the back of the lamp but they go dead quickly, haven't checked why
yet, and are much too fiddly to reach when the lights are out.

It does give a fair amount of light when it works. The stainless steel
lantern is a more robust design, though not quite bright enough for
reading.

Maybe I'll move the battery pack to the outside of the back. It has a
snap-on cover with a retaining screw that isn't essential, then I
could swap batteries without tools. I don't want to remove tiny screws
with cold fingers and then hunt them down in the dark.

jsw