Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default dark halls at work

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:48:21 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Jim Wilkins on or about
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:38:52 -0800 (PST) did write/type or cause to appear
On Dec 2, 4:59*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Oh, with technology and flash lights. There is often
something comes along that's better than the last thing.

I don't lack flashlights, but have tried to learn to function at night
without them, and use small ones if any to walk around outside because
they don't hurt my night vision. Some of the solar night lights come
apart easily to use as flashlights that last for hours. They should
have on/off switches and easily replaced batteries, mine use AA
NiCads.

Cool. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm with you on using the least necessary amount of "light". One
think I despise are Coleman lamps at camp sights, blazing away, and
lighting up everything. That's not the problem - it is that the light
kills my night vision a half mile away. Arggh.

Thats why they all..all have valves on them that allow you to turn the
light from BRIGHT all the way down to DIM..which also saves fuel.

I replaced the screws that hold the top on with studs and thumb nuts
so I can take it apart to change batteries when the lights are off, we
don't always get enough sun to recharge them in the winter. The light
isn't nearly as bright as the photo shows but it's enough to walk
around.

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton