Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

"Graham." wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Graham. explained on 02/12/2009 :
Whilst agreeing with you, I have to say I am old enough to remember a
time
when it was quite normal for a small retailer to split a pack.
Probably the same retailers that sold single Woodbines to school
children.

So am I, but things have moved on a long way from those days. Money is
plentiful and things are much cheaper. What does a four pack of AA's
cost?

Well quite.
Tim seems to be saying his wall-clock is the only device he owns
that takes AAs I seem to have dozens of them.

As did I. As per my earlier post, all of the things that I used to own that
used them, have been superseded by a newer equivalent that takes a different
battery type.

I am genuinely surprised that people are buying new electronic devices with
remotes that use them as all 4 of the new audio-visual devices (different
brands) that I have bought in the last 2 years take AAAs (without me taking
any interest in this), whereas previously they all took AAs.

tim