Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:57:57 +0000, Frank Erskine wrote:

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:46:56 +0000, Mike Lane
wrote:

My TV remote and cable controller both use 2 AAs each; I have 5 radio
controlled wall clocks which each use one, and a bedside alarm and a
mantlepiece digital calendar/clock also with one each. My Garmin GPS uses
two, and my Canon camera four. Several digital timers, thermometers and
hygrometers use one or two each. I'm sure there are a few more around if I
think a bit... oh yes, the logitech mouse in my right hand uses two AAs as
well. The list goes on...

Yes?

That still doesn't answer the OP's question though.

It does seem a waste (environmentally if nothing else) to buy unwanted
batteries just to throw them away.

Trouble is, most clocks etc. seem to stop with voltage at about 1 - 1.2, so
rechargeable cells at 1.2V... If a clock would run for a reasonable time on
1.2V, hybrid cells would be needed to be practicable.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.