Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 01:17:43 -0000, Graham. wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message . uk...
Graham. explained on 02/12/2009 :
Whilst agreeing with you, I have to say I am old enough to remember a time
when it was quite normal for a small retailer to split a pack.
Probably the same retailers that sold single Woodbines to school children.

So am I, but things have moved on a long way from those days. Money is plentiful and things are much cheaper. What does a four
pack of AA's cost?

Well quite.
Tim seems to be saying his wall-clock is the only device he owns
that takes AAs I seem to have dozens of them.

Did you see my post about lithium AA cells, I have been experimenting
with them as Sainsbury's are selling them for little more than branded
alkaline, and Tesco had a half price offer too that I expect they will
repeat. I imagine you could get in excess of 5 years life in a quartz clock,
I tried them in my wireless thermostat and it didn't like them because, I suspect,
of their higher than 1.5v off load voltage

What is the voltage of them?

6 Energizer AA Lithium for £5.50 he

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...6ae0fb8c6593b7
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.