Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Building Regs for new (or replacement) boiler?

AIUI any new or replacement boiler will have to conform to all parts
of the building regs, but particularly Part J, Combustion appliances.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...documentslist/

So yes, much more than just Part B, Protection from fire.

Either a building notice to your local building control dept is
required, or an approved person that can certify compliance.

I don't know if your qualifications covers it, but as you're not
familiar with the regs, I guess you don't usually work on installing
domestic gas boilers.