Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hawi: Hawi: is offline

Default Building Regs for new (or replacement) boiler?

Hi.

Last night, a friend of mine was telling me that they have come up
against a requirement for building regs application to replace their
old oil-fired boiler with a new one. I had no idea that this is
required and I'm a bit concerned because I will soon be changing my
oil-fired system for a gas combi.

Are these building regs effectively not just fire regs, - and are they
not coverered by a (in my case) gas fitter's certificate?

Anyone had any experience of this? Do BR applications now need to be
submitted for ANY changes to a home heating system?

TIA.

H.