Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default dark halls at work

Oh, with technology and flash lights. There is often
something comes along that's better than the last thing.

Mini Mags ruled for a while, with crisp white light, and
convenient pocket size. Opalec improved, with a $28 module
that never blows a bulb. I think the $4.97 module from Nite
Ize, at Walmart is actually better than my $28 module. I
think the Teralux which cost me $35 is better than either of
those. And, some time there will be yet a better
improvement.

Just saw something on the net. Walmart has a light for about
$25 with an endcap push button. Takes two AA cells, 115
lumens, and slightly shorter than a minimag. I'm really
tempted to buy one. Supposed to have 5 hour runtime. So,
there's often something better that comes out.

I've got couple Xenon lights from Ebay, that run on camera
CR-123 batteries. Bright, but they get hot, and don't last
long. I use them for seeing house numbers on night calls,
and knowing if I should shoot that noise in the night. "That
you, honey!"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Let the Record show that "Stormin Mormon"
on or about Wed, 2 Dec
2009
08:24:31 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Please do some internet research. Compare Teralux module,
versus the LED replacement kits. Let me know what you find.

Please don't take this as hostile, but I know there is
"better"
out there, and when I'm working again, will get that. In
the
meantime, I _have_ the min-mag with adaptor kit.
And a .7 liter "Really Useful Box" holding my batteries in
one
place. (And a little one with three rechargeable batteries,
but my
chargers needs four to function; either a fourth will
'surface" or
I'll have to get more.)

tschus
pyotr