Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Gunners Home shop

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Let the Record show that "Steve B" on or
about Wed, 2 Dec 2009 07:19:11 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear

"pyotr filipivich" wrote

Although, it sounds like in your shop, the right place is where
you found it. the first time. Or where you were using it last.
-
pyotr filipivich

So, what's the downside about that? I know right where it is. Although,
occasionally, I will make a pass and put the hand tools back in the roller
Craftsman cabinet, and "put up" stuff in its place. I'm a trader. If I
am
looking for something with something else in my hand, I will put down item
when I find item B, then go back and search for item A, having been in an
altered state of consciousness of ecstacy when I located item B.

I recall the story of the guy, who went to pay the bills. But
first he had to find his glasses, and that took him into the kitchen,
where the dishes needed doing, and make a pot of coffee, and now he
can't find the check book, and goes to look for them and finds
something else, .... around and around and around ... at the end of
the day, he's tired, and he still hasn't gotten the bills paid and in
the mail!

It is one thing when it is my tools, in my shop, where I left
them, in the middle of my project. I can return and pick up where I
left off. But add other people, and that is when the organizing, and
the outlines on the pegboard, and other clutter control elements come
in into play. Part of it is the difference between working hard, and
working smart. "Well begun is half done." and other wise sayings.
I'd rather work smart, than hard. Although, sometimes, the
results are similar. I'm still fastest at "running tubes" at AMT,
because I optimized for production. And minimum amount of "work" on
my part. Finished 12 scheduled hours in 6. What can I say, the
thought of having to spend the whole shift doing the damn things
annoyed me. "Might as well, you're not getting out of it."
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

But when SWMBO's are included in the equation, trying to clean up or tidy
up, all bets are off!

Steve