Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:43:10 +0000 TheOldFellow wrote :
Can you use a re-chargable AA? If so these are worth getting,
but you will need a charger that takes singles too.

In a clock wouldn't the self discharge rate make them useless?

I put a couple of r/c clocks in my church in Twickenham and
particularly for the out-of-reach one it was really usefully that
it self adjusted when the clocks changed. I couldn't help thinking
that a larger C or D battery might have kept the clock running for
several years, not just one.

Lithium AAs are easy to get now. I recon you will get 5 years + in a R/C wall clock.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%