Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

wrote in message ...
On 2 Dec, 11:12, "tim...." wrote:
My radio controlled clock has stopped working.

It takes a single AA battery, all the ususal suspects in my house now uses
triple As, so where can I buy a single AA battery?

All I can find is packs of 4 (actually as they are a BOGOF, in packs of 8)
and all I can use is one! Even with a shelf date of 2016 I won't get
through them before they die (though experience tells me that the dates are
optimistic).

How environmentally friendly is it to insist that I buy 4 to throw three
away?

(Just out of interest, as there are packs of 20/40 available, what devices
do still use these batteries?)

tim

To bring this on-topic for a DIY group -
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make..._a_AA_battery/

My hall clock takes a D cell, however I have been putting AAs in it for years,
all I did was bend the -ve leaf-spring so it gripped the shorter cell.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%