Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Engineer's square

Morris Dovey wrote:
Dial indicators on a stick aren't all bad. I suggest something like

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=SW625-1300

(on sale for $19.95, click on the "Master Catalog Page" link for a photo
of the whole thing.

Unscrew the vertical support from the base, lower the cross-arm, and
chuck it up in your (unplugged) drill press. Then raise the table until
the indicator touches the table.

Turn the chuck by hand and adjust until you get the same reading all the
way around.

Use the base as a refrigerator magnet. Send me the point set.

On sale for 20 bucks. I have a coupon for free shipping from Enco.
Hmmmm, might have to pick up at least a set of metal sticks. :-)
That would've saved me some time making my TS jig.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--