Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Gunners Home shop

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Its been less than a year since the by pass. Jan 24 of this year.
Coming up on a year next month. 11 months almost.

I had the stroke in March of this year.

Im leaving in a few minutes to drive over to a buddies shop in
Bakersfield and keep loading machinery into 40' trailers so they can go
to his new shop up in Idaho. This morning Ill be loading 4 Bridgports
and 5 Hardinge lathes. Fork lift to get them into the trailers...mice
to push them to the end..prybars to get them free of the mice.

Shrug. Of course it hurts a bit sometimes. But pain is just weakness
leaving the body. Shrug again.

The day after I got out of the hospital after the bypass..I was in Costa
Mesa repairing an OmniTurn Cnc lathe. I had to use a ladder to get up
to the control..as I still had 172 staples in me...and climbing up hurt
a bit. I was more worried about pulling out staples than the pain.

So pain isnt a stranger to me. Waking up some mornings ...shrug...been
more than a few times I had to roll out of bed, and use the wall to
stand up. But in a few minutes..Im up and ready to hit the new day..and
praying it doesnt hit back G

Gunner

Yeah, some days are better than others. Many times, I have to use that roll
technique they teach you in the hospital just to get out of bed. Less than
two weeks after my surgery, I was walking around at 9500' elev. in Utah,
looking for arrowheads. Three weeks before, I'd walk from the car to the
store, stop at the baskets and get my breath, get a basket, stop in produce,
make it to meats, pause, make it to deli, pause, and so on and so on. We do
pretty good for essentially being run over by a truck.

Steve