Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunners Home shop

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 07:13:24 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Steve B" fired this volley in
:

I see shops of anal persons, and I just cringe. As long as I can find
it, just don't mess with any of my "stuff".

Anal is one thing, and it's sometimes ridiculous. My shop is
"cluttered", mostly for lack of space, and I have a "disorganized
organization system" for where things should/will be. But it's not a
physical safety hazard to work in.

Gunner may like his layout. I find it distracting to have to physically
climb over one machine tool to work on another. Even more so to have to
move 300-400lb of randomly-stacked tools and materials just to get to the
one wrench I laid underneath it all a month ago.

LLoyd

I dont like my layout..but I dont have to crawl over one machine to work
on another..not yet anyways.

Ill take pictures again when I finally finish
clearing/cleaning/organizing.

My problem is..is that for the past 12 yrs..I was working away from
home 5-14 days at a time, often home for 1-2 days, and then back on the
road again..and so forth. The reason its a mess..is that this year..I
was for much of it...unable to go out and move Stuff around due to the
triple bypass and stroke. Frankly..it hurt a LOT to try to move heavy
**** and lift and carry. It has been a growing and healing year. And
one where I found limitations that I never had before.
And of course..my son and his family moved in twice...so the back
bedroom, where I used to store electronic Stuff got emptied out and all
that crap put in the shop as well. Hence the pile of boxes in front of
my grinder bench..still going through that stack. It used to be much
bigger. Sigh. Excuses excuses..yah..I know. Shrug. But Im getting a
grip on it. I brought the Lancer lathe home last week and laid all the
bits and pieces on the two welding benches...so now I cant even weld
anything out there.

Sigh...snivel..whimper...chuckle

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton