Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunners Home shop

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:37:07 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:28:40 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I see shops of anal persons, and I just cringe. As long as I can find it,
just don't mess with any of my "stuff". It's just when I can't find it that
I really start getting ****ed, particularly if someone else has been in
there. I get mad enough when I misplace things.

Steve

Ayup. Ive got guys that come over and use stuff..then put it "away" and
I get ****ed off when it takes me 3 months to find it again.

If there is a place for it, I want it put back there. That is my
rant at workplaces: just because you don't have time to put it away,
doesn't mean I have time to look for it!

Although, it sounds like in your shop, the right place is where
you found it. the first time. Or where you were using it last.

Actually....everything does have its "place" in my shop. The drawers
are marked as to contents..lathe tooling, milling cutters, dovetail
cutters, keyway cutters, collets etc etc. The drawer stacks under the 2
heat treating furnaces are where most of the
cutters/tooling/reamers/measuring/ yada yada live. Crom but I love the
old IBM punch card cabinets for this sort of thing! The white cabinet
on the end of that stack..has deeper drawers, one with racks for milling
cutters, one with various rotary abrasives, one with rotory table,
milling fixtures etc etc. Hell..Ill snap some photos of the drawer
contents maybe tonight.

Ive got LOTs of Stuff. Some of it really really good..some of it crap
but usable..which I try to upgrade if I find I need it more than once.
or twice a year. On the Gorton at the moment is my (repaired) Troyke
rotory table. Buddy came over last weekend and made a set of wheel
adapters for putting Porsch wheels on a Chevy Luv, out of 5/8 plate.
We really really could have used that Clausing 1501 lathe..turning 10"
diameter rings from plate...shrug..but got it done on the MasterMill,
thought it took a bit.

I REALLY need to find out what is the proper vari drive belt that is
supposed to go on the Clausing. Factory wants $108 plus shipping for a
standard $35 belt...cringe.
The belt that came off of it...Really came off it it..busted open and
missing some bits..so while I have an idea..dont know for sure what its
diameter is.

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton