Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default How does crimping work?

In article ,
Sylvia Else wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Sylvia Else wrote:
Crimping the plastic is a waste of time anyway. On the failed lugs that
I crimped, the plastic that covers the insulation has returned almost to
its original shape, even though the tool squashes it pretty much flat.

Something wrong there. The plastic acts as the cord clamp.

Clearly doesn't work in the case of these particular lugs.

Indeed. I do have a crimp tool supplied by one of the bigger insulated
crimp makers and I'll post some pics of the result later.

Sylvia.

--
*Always drink upstream from the herd *

Dave Plowman London SW