Stephen Fisher

Default Help needed redry rot.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steve Fisher wrote:

I know what the cause of moisture is. Level with the rotton joist is
an airbrick. This airbrick is level with the concrete path outside the
house. I presume that when it rains heavily the rain runs along path
and in through air brick.

It also sounds like the path level outside may have been raised at some
point and is hence bridging your DPC which will not help. Any chance of
being able to lower the path if this is the case?

--
Cheers,

John.

The path outside is concrete. The dpc is higher than airbrick. Your right
in saying that when it rains heavily i believe a natural run off point will
be into airbrick.

---