Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pictures of welding on the jerry can -- converted to fuel tank

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:31:57 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:30:56 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:46:47 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:00:04 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:52:33 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Power off a bit too long, get your AK out.

Rationing fuel is ok if you have reason to expect a really long outage,
but for the more normal day or so max it's easier to just run the
generator full time and get on with your life as if there was no outage.

But do you know if its going to come back on in an hour, a day, a week,
a month and so forth? Or is it simply "hope"? G

My power was out Friday night..er..Saturday morning at 2:18 and stayed
out for 10 hours.

Couple years ago, the power went out at home. A fact I did not
find out until after work - at 1 AM. Was out for four days. Most of
that was no problem, power was on at school and work. And I had a gas
grill on the "patio" so I could cook dinner. (Grilled Lamb chops,
with honey mustard ... yum!"

But finding my way home the first night, in a hall where the
emergency lights had given up hours before - was "fun".

pyotr

How well did the fridge do?

I left it close. It being winter, it wasn't a "big" problem.

Of course, if the power had stayed off till the weekend, I would
have had to do "something" about the problem.

Smart man! I wish more of these folks had that much of a grip.

Without power, I couldn't cook (electric stove), so why get the
eggs and milk out?
Stuck to granola and jougurht. SOP for years now.

tschus
pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich