Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Rejecting fiat currencies

Let the Record show that "Steve W." on or about
Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:58:53 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Gold would make excellent sailboat ballast!
Yes it would! And that would be one of the most useful things one could
do with it. 'Time to stock up! g

1700 pounds please!

You could make some Swiss bankers very happy. They'd all buy new shoes for
their kids at Christmas.

1,179.36 current price per troy ounce. (At 01:43 Dec 01)

14.583 Troy ounces per pound

24791.1 Troy ounces in 1700 pounds

$29,237,631.70 US

I'm a little shy of that. Last count was 52.34 ounces.
More than half of which I picked up between 2000 and 2001. Average price
was 284.00 an ounce at that time.

It's showing a MUCH better return than many of my stocks !!!!

Back in the late seventies, a currency trader decided to look into
the question "Which currency has held up the best, compared to the US
dollar?" His conclusion was Confederate Dollars. Yep, save your
Confederate money, the South will Rise again!
I also recall reading of a bank, in England, discovering a
complete issue of Confederate War Bonds, printed in England, but never
delivered. They were all sold for face value.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!