Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default dark halls at work

Let the Record show that "Stormin Mormon"
on or about Mon, 30 Nov 2009
20:51:23 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

But finding my way home the first night, in a hall where
the
emergency lights had given up hours before - was "fun".

pyotr

How did you find your way out? We can learn from your
technique.

Work had lights, that time. Jim had told me that there had been
times when the power had gone out at work, and at night, a factory
turns dark real fast.

So the answer is a mini-mag - or other small light - on the belt.
Mini-mags with the :LED replacement - because there is nothing like
reaching for a flashlight and discovering that the old definition
applies "An aluminum tube for the storing of dead batteries" - at
least with an LED - you can get some light from near dead batteries.
And that is the Word to the Wise. LED flashlights come small enough
to put on your key chain, or otherwise "on you" (Or where you can find
it by feel). I'm not as bad as my buddy, who has five pounds of stuff
on his belt as 'routine.'

Finding my apartment was a matter of using the little light left
in the flashlight to find the door at the far end of the hall, and
backing up two doors. Enough light in the apt to find the candles.
And then find the fresher batteries.

One effect of becoming more religious - lots of candles, lots of
matches.

tschus
pyotr
-