Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Dewhurst Roger Dewhurst is offline

Default Water meter

Vortex4 wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
Good idea or not? (I reckon not with a teen in the house)

And how much pipe do they need?

--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

What do you pay at the moment? The "old" rates are based on the
"ratabale value" of your home which IIRC is nominally the rental value
of that property in 1991. I have no idea how it is scaled for houses
built after that date. A very byzantine system.

I have 2 Adults and 4 children.

Water usage is about 400 cu. metres per year. Cost about £400 per
year....and we do not especially economise. I suspect this is a
bargain compared to unmetered in our case.

A reasonable allowance is 200 litres/person/day. This includes
everything, even watering the garden.