Brian

Default Powermatic bandsaw info?

Here's the quote: "The only one that had a problem with vibration was the
Powermatic. With this saw, the nuts that held the stand together vibrated
loose. And the table rattled and shook when I made a bevel cut."

And the link: http://www.woodnet.net/toolreviews/bsaw_rev.html

Now, with the vibration "issue" aside, it doesn't sound like they disliked
the Powermatic per se, but that the Powermatic didn't shine above the
rest...

Brian.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
om...
that is a TOTAL CROCK, Brian. I have one AFTER seeing a brand new unit
run at the WW show. IT is smoother than the Delta. In fact it doesn't
vibrate any more than a sewing machine. I'm serious. It is SWEET.

dave

Brian wrote:

I recently read a 14" bandsaw comparison article (wish I had the link

handy)
which indicated that the Powermatic suffered from far more vibration

that
most others in its class. This alone would steer me away, personally.

The consensus favorite for the review was the Jet 14" model. I'll try

dig up the link to this article.

FWIW.

Brian.

"Forrest Chamberlain" wrote in

message
news
I've heard good things about the Powermatic 14" bandsaw (mostly here,
actually), but can't find much info about it. Powermatic's web site
doesn't mention it at all, and Amazon doesn't carry it. Can anyone
point me to some info and/or places (preferably online) that are selling

it?

Thanks,

Forrest