Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill press

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 00:40:48 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

Well, I bought one. I found a Powermatic Model 1200 on Craig's list. 3 phase
1 HP motor, in good shape. It appears to have been built in 1971 by the
Powermatic 1971 Anniversary stickers on it. It came with a hefty vice, a
couple drill chucks, a funky T-slot clamp do-hicky. Only problem was the
crank for the table height adjustment took a hit at some point so the the
shaft is bent, and the speed control knobs are just bolts, (minor problem,
are parts available??) Only one hole drilled into the table, no arc of
shame! Paid $600 and a 8 hour round trip drive to pick it up. I think I did
ok. You guys living in the manufacturing waste lands where tools can be
bought for scrap price will probably think I paid too much, but I have been
looking on and off for a heavy drill press for a couple years and this was
the best deal I could find! Funny thing was it was listed on Craig's list a
week ago for $1000, when I first contacted the seller. He never got back
with me on any details and relisted it for $600. Not that I would have paid
him $1000 for it, but someone would have!
Now I need to run a wire for a 240 volt outlet, and wire up my VFD.
Greg

Pictures when you are ready!!! if you need parts..I can turn you on to
a good source.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton